Vegan Peach Cheesecake
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
- 2 vegan cream cheese containers
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Vanilla Wafers (20 - 25 wafers)
- 1 to 2 cups frozen peaches
- 2 1/2 tablespoons egg replacer mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and mix well with fork.
- Microwave the frozen peaches for 2 minutes, then puree in blender.
- Add the pureed peaches to the mixture.
- Mix egg replacer with water and add to mixture.
- Using a 9 inch Springform pan (you can use a different pan, but the temp and time will change) coat the bottom of the pan with crumbled vanilla wafers so that you can’t see the bottom of the pan. Slowly pour the cheese mixture on top of the wafers.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. This will vary depending on the type and size of your pan.
- It is done when it starts to look slightly brown on top. Refrigerate.
- You can make a “topping” mixture by just warming up peaches, adding a little sugar and water on the stove top.
April 6th, 2011 8 notes